STOTT PILATES certification shows clients and employers that you are a well-qualified professional. At the conclusion of each course, you receive a letter of completion and continuing education credits. STOTT PILATES certification is awarded upon successful completion of a course plus a written and practical exam. Exam material is cumulative so students can certify in stages by taking an exam after each course or after a series of courses, e.g. students certified in Matwork must take a combined Matwork and Reformer exam should they wish to subsequently certify in Reformer. This also applies to students certified in Reformer who wish to move on to CCB certification.
Please note that exams must be taken within six months of the last course completed and that there is a fee associated with each exam. Successful completion of Matwork; Reformer; Cadillac, Chair & Barrels; Advanced Repertoire; ISP courses and exams are required for full certification.
STOTT PILATES education and certification programs empower instructors to motivate, challenge, and retain client’s long term. One of the ways Intermountain Pilates Training Center helps aspiring instructors attain success is by offering them the opportunity to work as an apprentice so they can actually teach clients while they are preparing for their exam. This provides the apprentice the opportunity to gain experience in a professional pilates studio under the guidance of a STOTT PILATES Instructor.
This program provides:
- Mentors to consult with during the apprenticeship.
- Opportunities to work with actual clients in various settings.
- Supervised teaching to improve practical teaching skills in all types of situations.
- An opportunity to work in a professional pilates studio with fully certified STOTT PILATES instructors and STOTT PILATES equipment.
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- Completion of the STOTT PILATES IMP and IR course
- 25 hours of STOTT PILATES classes
- Letter of Intent describing why you would like to be an apprentice and how you feel you will contribute to the IPTC team.
- 1 hour teaching a certified instructor at IPTC (this can be scheduled with the education coordinator).
Additional Certification Information: