STOTT PILATES® Certification Courses
Intensive Reformer Course
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues. Conducted over 3 weeks or 4 weekends. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES® Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
• The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
• Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
• Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
• Effective communication and observational skills
• Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
• Theory and practice of postural analysis
• 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
• How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
• Exercise layering related to effective program design
• Workout composition for personal and group training
• 50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
• Minimum of 10 hours of observation
• Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
• Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
• Total: 125 hours
• Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES® videos.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
Note: There are no hours required for Injuries & Special Populations or Advanced Level courses.
Continuing Education Credits: 5.0 STOTT PILATES®; ACE; canfitpro